Friday, June 5, 2015

Hello!

I have created this blog as an assignment for the Education Technology in Health Sciences course I am taking through Western Carolina University's MHS program.  While I enjoy reading blogs and find them quite useful at times, this is my first attempt at blogging myself.

See my personal introduction video below:


I have posted some personal photos below that best represent how my time is spent outside of work and what is important to me.

My husband, David, and I are both Appalachian State University graduates and can be found most weekends in the fall attending a football game in Boone.  Our daughter, Caroline (3 years old) is a big fan of Yosef!  We are expecting a baby in October. So, that may put a little bit of damper on football season this year, but we'll be cheering on the mountaineers from home for (at least a couple of games anyway).
 
Despite the fact that I don't live in a mountainous region, I come from a family of skiers.  When I was 8 years old, my parents joined the Volunteer Ski Patrol at Sugar Mountain Resort.  My sister and I decided to join them at age 15 and have been involved ever since.  Naturally when David and I got married,  he had to join the rest of the family, as he got tired of being the only one who had to wait in the lift line.

We spend most winters on the mountain, providing first aid to the public and enjoying being outdoors and our favorite sport.  Caroline already has 2 years of skiing in the books and loves it!  The faster the better!

When not spending time in the Boone area, I enjoy an occasional trip to the Outer Banks, running, playing tennis and am learning the sport of mountain biking.  We are also active in our church and love spending time with extended family and friends!

I look forward to learning more throughout this course and posting in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment