Friday, June 12, 2015

I'm sure you've all seen the internet meme's about you do vs. what people think you do, right?


Well, I can tell you there is no such meme for those of us who manage Standardized Patients, although I definitely think there should be!  When people ask what I do for a living and I tell them I manage the Standardized Patient (SP) Program (among many other responsibilities in the Clinical Education realm) at Wake Forest School of Medicine, I usually get a puzzled look and a reference to the video below:



While I can definitely can appreciate the humor and have met SPs like Kramer, most days don't look like that for me and wouldn't exactly fly in a high stakes clinical skills assessment.  

I was excited to begin the recorded lecture assignment because I saw an opportunity to tackle something that has been on my To Do List at work for a while.  I chose to create my recorded lecture based on suggested topic #2:

A "How To" video on a skill that directly relates to your profession.

Being an SP is a unique and rewarding job!  SPs are truly one of our most valuable teaching tools!  If after watching the video, you think you would make a great SP and live in the Winston-Salem area, please reach out to me.  Thanks for watching!






No comments:

Post a Comment